Payment & Program Policies
OPEN GYMNASIUM POLICY
Open gymnasium use is limited to those individuals residing in School District #7 or to members of the Edwardsville YMCA. Proof of residency shall be in the form of driver’s license, voter registration card, school identification card, and/or library card.
As an organization centered on Christian principles, the YMCA Board of Directors has implemented a disciplinary policy which applies to patrons of the YMCA. This policy will be strictly enforced and we ask that all patrons conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with the YMCA mission.
SUPERVISION OF YOUTH
All children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the facility. (Exception: when in babysitting, preschool, or other supervised YMCA programs.)
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Due to the large volume of people using the YMCA facilities, we are unable to check valuables at the service desk. Members and guests are advised not to bring valuables with them.
LOST & FOUND
Lost and found articles will be kept at the YMCA for a period of 2 weeks, at which time they will be donated or thrown out. Ask at the service desk to check our lost and found area.
To better provide for your safety and health, we ask that all individuals with medical problems inform the YMCA staff of such before starting any of our programs.
ACCIDENT AND INJURY POLICY
All cases of accident, injury or an unusual incident should be reported to the staff person on duty. The YMCA assumes no responsibility for injuries incurred while participating in YMCA activities. It is expected that anyone who uses the YMCA facilities carry their own medical insurance.
FOOD AND DRINK
Food and drink is prohibited in all areas of the facilities except designated concession areas.
The YMCA is a tobacco free facility. Please do not smoke or use tobacco products anywhere within the facility or grounds.
Proper attire should be worn while utilizing each area of the facility. Shirts and shoes must be worn in all areas of the YMCA except for the locker rooms and swimming pool. Black sole shoes are not permitted on the courts.
PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Information published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that the Edwardsville YMCA may alter the information on its web site from time to time. The Edwardsville YMCA shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. The Edwardsville YMCA not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. The Edwardsville YMCA exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from our sites allow you to opt out of further mailings. The Edwardsville YMCA will never sell trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organization.
COMMITMENT TO YOUTH SAFETY
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
CONDITIONS OF FACILITY ACCESS & PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
In consideration of being permitted to participate in YMCA activities and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Edwardsville YMCA and its owners, directors, officers employees, agents, volunteers, participants and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate and also agree as follows:
• I acknowledge that participating in YMCA activities involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, broken bones, torn ligaments or other injuries as a result of falls or contact with other participants; death as a result of drowning or brain damage caused by near drowning in pools or other bodies of water; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated or described in their entirety, and with knowledge of the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
• I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
• I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
• I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
• In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
• I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
• Photograph & Video Release: For adequate sufficient consideration the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the applicant(s) hereby gives permission for the YMCA to use, without limitation, photographs, film footage or tape recordings which may include the applicant(s) image or voice for purposes of promoting or interpreting YMCA programs.
• Sex Offender Registry: The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access.
By acknowledging this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to acknowledging. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain.